Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can I wash These with Soap for Colors?

I Bought clorox for colors so my shirts wouldnt get faded but I have some white shirts with colored designs on them like blue and like gray but the designs are like a little plastic idk how to explain it. I also have a white track jacket that needs washing. I wanted to know if I can wash these and how I should wash them. This is my first time doing laundry so I need good advice. Best Answer gets 10 points!Can I wash These with Soap for Colors?
Place clothes in washer





Put your Cycle TEMP on Warm





Put your LOAD SIZE on Large





Start the water filling up the machine





Place in your detergent, a capful of Clorox for colors on top of the clothes..(on the lid of your washer may tell you exactly what way your manufacturer wants you to do this..IE: water and detergent then clothes, etc.)





Either in a Downy ball or a FABRIC SOFTNER dispenser, place the fabric softner in it (dilute it with water -about a capful or 2 is good, if it's attached to the washer)


**If you don't have either of the above parts, then when the rinse cycle comes on and the washer is filled with water, add a capful of Fabric Softner.





When clothes are done, place in dryer and dry on Medium Heat for 30-60 minutes, depending on thickness of material.





If you dry anything on HIGH besides towels, it will cause shrinkage and some fabrics will melt.





Yes, just put them in the washer and they should all come out great if you do all the above things.





If you think the shirts that have ';plastic'; will melt, then hang them on a plastic hanger outside and they will dry that way, they'll be kind of stiff, but they'll also be the same as they were when you put them in the washer.





EDIT: I reread your question and I am now taking it as you think CLOROX for COLORS is soap, it is NOT, it's bleach for colored clothing...just wanted to make sure you had the detergent as well. good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment