Thursday, January 7, 2010

My dog just got into some liquid car wash soap/wax. Not sure how much he may have eaten. Should I be worried

Nothing on the label about being harmful if swallowed or anyting. About 1/2 of the gallon sized bottle is now gone, but much of it had soaked into the dirt. My dog was nowhere near the bottle when I found it, but there are clear teeth punctures.My dog just got into some liquid car wash soap/wax. Not sure how much he may have eaten. Should I be worried
Call the Animal Poison Hotline immediatly - have the bottle ready so you can read the label to them! here is the number -


1-888-232-8870 -- there is a fee but IT IS WORTH IT-- everyone who owns pets should post this number...do not induce vomiting or any other treatment before calling them! Different poisons need different treatments!My dog just got into some liquid car wash soap/wax. Not sure how much he may have eaten. Should I be worried
Just relax. See how he reacts to it. If he begins to show signs of discomfort, call the vet. To save yourself an office visit though, maybe call a 24 hour vet clinic to consult with a tech. Don't panic though....most likely he will just start feeling sick and throw back up whatever he drank. Try and estimate how much actually just fell on the ground.
well if it has a poison control number then call it if they cant help call a vet and he may have to run a few test to check for poison or other harmful liquid's just to be safe i know i am very protective about my pets and if that had happend i would be very worried like you
Call the poison control or the company who makes the soap. If it dosn't say toxic on the bottle, it probably isn't but you need to call some where to be sure.
Have the container with you as you go to the EMERGENCY VET. They will have to call the Poison Control Hotline to get the antidote and treatment. They can read the ingredients and help your dog quickly.
Call the vet -possibly try and induce vomiting -you can't be sure.... Vomiting can be induced by giving the dog a few tablespoons of hydrogen pyroxide.
Call your vet definately but also just keep an eye on how your dog is acting my vet told me to pour peroxide down my dogs throat when he got into some tomatoes( which are poisonous) to make them throw up!











---Dog trainer
888-426-4435 Call the Animal Poison Control Center and tell them all you can. Call now!
quickly neutralize it with an acidous food such as a fruit or something.


NO FIRST GET HIM TO REGURGITATE( VOMIT) it all out
You should take him to a vet to be sure that its not harmful.
If it were MY dog, I'd be on the phone with a vet rather than typing on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment