Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why do people find a bar of soap gross? body wash? What do you choose?

How is body wash any better? which would you choose and why? I think a bar of soap is better.Why do people find a bar of soap gross? body wash? What do you choose?
A bar of soap makes my skin feel clean then toward the end of my shower , I use a body wash for the scent, rinsing lightly.Why do people find a bar of soap gross? body wash? What do you choose?
go with what you like. not everyone likes the same thing. If they did there would be only one thing made
When you leave soap in the dish the bottom of the bar gets all nasty or if it dries out that's awful. It completely loses it's pretty bar look and then is nasty looking. Body wash smells good too so that's always desirable.
For me body wash is the best, when I use bar soap my skin feels dry.
soap has the last person slime on it. body wash is always fresh out of the bottle
some people in a house of more than one dont like the idea of using soap someone else used because of using it on certain body parts
This is strange.. for years, I used bar soap and thought nothing of it. But, something was on tv about the germs or something being left on a bar of soap, and it must have left some kind of impression on me because I now prefer to use liquid soap. At my own house, I know who has used a bar of soap and where it's been. At someone else's house, I don't. Sounds odd, and I haven't always been that way at all. But again, it was something I heard on the news or tv and it disgusted me enough to switch!
I LOVED body wash, until the price went up to $6 a bottle. I decided to make myself like bar soap again, and now I prefer that. Liquid soap is sickeningly expensive.


Ah, if you lather up REALLY good one time on your wash cloth BEFORE you begin to wash, you don't have to worry about the ';what was the last part of my body I washed with'; problem.
What is the last thing that you wash with a bar of soap?


What is the first thing that you wash with a bar of soap? Think about that the next time that you get in the shower.
I suppose if you share your shower, body wash might be more comfortable for the squeamish. Bars of soap show dirt if not rinsed, hairs get embedded, etc...





In the end, they do the same job, and the bar of soap will often be cheaper.
Body wash, immediate suds %26amp; nice to shave my legs. I think bar soap leaves a film.
Our problem is that my boyfriend is a Mechanical Engineer and I am a Nanny and we both have skin issues. And we share soap. I am terribly dry in winter and I overheat and sweat easily in the summer. He is a little dry and very sensitive, plus he has night sweats. Not to mention he comes home covered in grease, oil, dirt, and anything else you could imagine in a warehouse because he works on site all day. I come home sweaty and covered in anything from peanut butter and toothpaste to spaghetti sauce and drool. Neither of us wanted something with a strong scent because I am around kids during the day with little sensitive noses and we both often shower at night and who can sleep if it smells like Sephora? After trying a ton of different bars (which we ended up scrapping because they either get slimy, drip down the tray and leave soap scum, or end up covered in tiny body hairs which is gross) we ended up trying loads of body washes. They cost a little bit more based on how often you can use them, but you get a better lather and you can find great kinds that have extra moisture like we need with our dry skin. Plus, being a liquid there is no messy bar lying around in the shower. We ended up with what has become our favorite...St. Ives FresH20. Its moisturizing, gentle, lathers well, leaves you feeling clean unlike most body washes. I used to be a slave to the bar because body wash never left me feeling clean. This stuff is great though. It also has a fresh light scent that doesnt smell antiseptic or like deodorant soap, doesnt compete with perfumes or colognes, and works great as a unisex smell. I think a good test of body wash is to buy a kind you might like to try and squirt some on the counter. Leave it all day and then see the consistency when you come home. If it looks like gooey hair gel, its probably full of a goopy sticky soap that leaves you feeling, well, goopy and sticky. Plus that means it didnt have much moisture. If it has the consistency of a soft bar soap, then youre working with the best of both worlds.
bar soap makes me feel water proof. i feel all dry and like all the moisture was sucked out of my skin. and its kinda gross b/c you use it to wash off dirty stuff on you, and then you put it down, let germs settle on it, and then get in the shower and use it again. now you have the germs from your previous shower and all the germs that settled, all being put back on your body. nassssty.
Hi Neon, Bar soap harbors germs and cross contamination can occur. It usually leaves a gooey mess and soap scum on the tub or shower.Liquid soaps are used to avoid other peoples germs, viruses and such. It rinses easier and leaves minimal residue and no mess. It also cleans up easier than bar soap. Some people are concerned that one person will use the bar soap on their anus and genital area and those germs will be passed on to another person's hands which defeats the purpose of hand washing. Just something to think about. Have a great day.
We use both. My husband uses uses deodorant bar soap on areas where her may perspire, and body wash everywhere else. I use facial soap on my face, deodorant soap on underarms %26amp; privates %26amp; bodywash everywhere else.
I use what smells good and is on sale LOL!


Currently I am using a bar (That is what we use 95% of the time!)
I can't ever get any body wash to make me feel clean. I sometimes get acrried away and use half the body to make bubbles. lol





I all of a sudden developed skin allergys. So I can't use most any body washes or anything harsh or I will break out in hives. So I now use Dove, mild unscented bar soap. It leaves my skin very moisturised and clean. So bar soap for me!
I am a big believer in the bar of soap! I have tried to use body wash, but I never feel clean. Sometimes I will use body wash after using a bar of soap for the softening aspect of it.
Don't you think each person in the household should have their own private bar? And diaper wipes are a must to clean yourself after potty! No- I'm not neurotic!-Just picky!
hand and body wash is far more hygienic than bar soap. you can pick up germs on a bar of soap.so hand and body wash every time please.
Too many people when using soap rub the bar all over their body and if you share a shower and soap, you are sharing bacteria and exchanging dead skin cells. With body wash you only touch what you use and usually one uses a loofa (which I hope is not shared - i don't even share that with my boyfriend). So, body wash is simply more sanitary.
I choose body-wash, specifically because it eliminates the wet , soggy soap in the soap dish, if you notice all built-in soap dishes are located in the perfect place to catch water, which it does; melting the bars of soap that are put there, where as the bottles of body-wash can be sat on a shelf or in that very same place and not get messy. Also body-wash is already liquid, and goes onto the skin easily, no rubbing soap onto the skin or the bath towel.
body wash i think it is much cleaner than bar soap just cause you get hair on bar soap and that is gross if it is not yours.
We use bar soap lathered onto a wet washcloth in the tub/shower. We have so many kids in and out of the shower/tubs at our house I have to open 3 bars of Dove unscented per week. The Dove moisturizing body washes are okay, very nice suds and all, but the scents make me want to hurl. It's a scent thing for me. My kids and husband don't care either way, they use what's in the bathrooms without complaining....so far so good.
I don't use soap anymore. It drys out my skin and I hate to pick it up when I drop it and then when it is almost gone, it leaves scum on the soap dish. I use a Body Wash from Bed, Bath and beyond that is wonderful and there is no scum to deal with.
I like the bar of soap. But I can see why some people might not like it. They probably think Oh' gross every ones hands have been on this, so that might be the reason. So they choose the liquid because you squeeze it out of a bottle.
i like tea tree bar soap. it is soooo refreshing. the smell is amazing and it is really really good for your skin.





...plus i think body wash is just too moisturizing for me...i dont like to feel greasy
Soap for a bath, and body wash for a shower
the chemicals content in most bodywashes are suspected of being partly responsible for cancer. Take at look at the contents. Much safer with a bar of soap with more natural ingredients. Take a look at the contents onthese products, you will be amazed..and confused.lo


Ive changed back to soap now after years of exspensive bodywashes
i would choose body wash because if u had someone over to stay the night they used it its practiclly been on someone elses body
I don't like either one. I like to go to the car wash take off my clothes get in the bed of my pickup when it automatically starts pulling the pick through and get soaped, rinsed and dried automatically and then get back in the cab and get dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment