Thursday, January 7, 2010

If concerned about tomatoes being contaminated with salmonella, if you wash them with soap?

Will soap kill that bacteria? With lots of fruits I fill the sink with warm water and some dish soap, give them a little wash and then a really good rinse. Would that kill samonella?





Thanks!If concerned about tomatoes being contaminated with salmonella, if you wash them with soap?
according to the fda


this question is noted here:





http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/tomatqa.ht鈥?/a>





answer: nope!If concerned about tomatoes being contaminated with salmonella, if you wash them with soap?
no, soap won't do the trick.





you can get vegetable wash at most grocery stores, there's several brands, but its usually right in the produce section. its a very mild bleach, not enough to hurt a person... but enough to kill salmonella.
I think the dishwashing soap would be a bigger concern... I've never washed fruit or vegies (except to remove visible dirt), and I've never had food poisioning...
  • hair highlight ideas
  • 2 comments:

    1. Wow this is so great, Tesco should be proud to have Chris in their team.
      deccan odyssey
      palace on wheels price

      ReplyDelete
    2. Your blog inspires me every time when I read it. I love reading blogs. I don't excite always by reading blog posts. But in your blog I find something that implies in blogging.
      pest control Delhi
      home cleaning services in Delhi

      ReplyDelete