Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can I use Dawn Dish soap to wash my dog?

The Label reads Dawn Ultra Concentrated Dishwashing liquid. It's blue. I just wanted to know if it would be safe to wash my dog with this because he hasn't been showered in two weeks and we don't have dog shampoo at the moment. Can I use Dawn Dish soap to wash my dog?
Yes you can use dawn dish soap to wash your dog it doesn't help with fleas though (that is joy dish soap and that is just because of the lemon scent in it). Warning about it though do not use it all the time it will really dry their skin out then you have a bigger problem. You can ask any vet and they will tell you the same.





Think about it Dawn is what they use to clean the poor oils spill animals up with it works and has none of the harsh chemicals most dish soap has. Can I use Dawn Dish soap to wash my dog?
The veterinarians I worked for often recommended dish soap for killing fleas, especially on pups too young to use flea sprays on. Not only is it safe, it's useful for killing fleas, so go right ahead and use it. Since you have the concentrated Dawn, I would suggest diluting 1 part water and 1 part Dawn before putting it on the dog.
I used to work for a groomer and they did occasionally use dawn dish soap on the dogs that were really dirty and oily, however you have to make sure that it is totally rinsed out because it can irritate your dogs skin if it isn't. You don't want to use it all the time but it can be used in a pinch. It would be a lot better to go out and get some dog shampoo.
I don't think one time will hurt the dog. I did it before with my pomeranian because I heard that dawn dish soap actually kills fleas and it worked. Usually dish soap is made so it's gentle on the hands so I don't see why if would dry out his skin.
If you must use it I would dilute it with water. Or use one of your own that is moisturizing and gentle, don't use shampoo for oily hair. Just rinse very well. Shampoo would be better than dawn dish soap.
Dish soaps can dry out the dog's skin, so to put it simply no. Just go out to get some dog shampoo when you get the chance and then wash him.
no the ph is not good for your dog in a pinch you can use human shampoo but dont get it in their eyes
If I use dish sop it's the antibacterial stuff. It helps if they have any small open sores or cuts.
Why don't you just wait until tomorrow and go to the store and buy some dog shampoo.
Use whats recomened for dogs! Its much cheaper and safer in the long run! Your neighbor sounds like an idiot cheepskate!
No don't be lazy


Go to the pet store and buy Puppy or dog shampoo
yes its ok my friend uses it on his dogs for their monthly baths, any more than that will dry out their skin though
oh, once isn't going to kill it! sure go ahead. Just make sure you have dog shampoo on hand for next time.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it will really hurt you're dog just go and get some proper dog shampoo
no dont do it if u dont know wat happens


just go bye some dog shampoo

No comments:

Post a Comment