Thursday, December 24, 2009

I don't have car washing soap and need to wash my car. Can I use dish soap?

Dish soap will clean your car nicely, BUT you will need to wax it afterward. The more aggresive grease cutting types will remove some/all of your protective wax.





If you have a new car that the clearcoat is still intact, not such a big deal.





It's best to use products designed for this that clean without stripping the protective coatings.





(I use Dawn dish soap before waxing. Excellent results.)I don't have car washing soap and need to wash my car. Can I use dish soap?
Yes, Be sure to rinse good.I don't have car washing soap and need to wash my car. Can I use dish soap?
absolutely!!! I've used dish soap all my life. It works like a charm and is almost free. not like those expensive car soaps.
yes but rinse well and a grease cutter like Dawn will remove a little of your wax so regular car washing detergent is best.
I use it when I have to wash the car, and it works fine, just make sure to rinse it well, and you should be fine.
You mean the stuff that cuts grease, oil and wax. Doesn't sound like a great idea, does it.
I use it everytime.
I always do.


of course my car isnt brand new and does not have the floor room shine. It will wax up nicely tho....do not wax in the sunshine!!
I am in the car detail cleaning business and here is our secret!


We do not use dish soap, it acts as a wax stripper.


We buy this cleaning cloth off the internet. You have to buy in packages of 5 but they are only like $3 bucks a piece. I have ordered them and use them on everything, especially cleaning windows and clean mirrors. They are made out of tiny fibers. They are guaranteed not to scratch and all you do is rinse the cloth under water, wring it out and wipe ANY surface with no streaks or scratch. Use em over and over. I have not thrown one away yet!


I am sold on this ...I encourage you to try it out鈥?hope this helps鈥teve
I use dish soap all the time to wash my car just don't use alot
yes now a days car have a clear sealer on the paint so go ahead use the dish soap but go easy on it as it is concentrated then car soaps. Rinse well.

No comments:

Post a Comment