Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can you make your own car wash soap?

I have read that dishwashing detergent is bad for your car paint. Although i would think that beauty bars, dishwashing liquid, and storebought car wash solutions are all similiar...being they are ALL detergent(yup..commercial soap is detergent) i'd actually think the car soap was the most harsh.Can you make your own car wash soap?
yes, you can dish soap to wash your car.





We have done this for years and it has never hurt anything. Don't use a lot just a squirt into a bucket. Our cars have never lots their shine. You always rinse it right off anyway. The paint on your car is baked on and it has an epoxy in it. It takes a lot more then dish soap to hurt it. I work in a paint store and I have never heard anyone say their cars were hurt from dish soap. Also my husband is an auto technition and neither has he.





Maybe the people who make the car soap will tell you not to use dish soap! '!'Can you make your own car wash soap?
I have used Dawn dish soap when washing my car, as it removes the dirt %26amp; any grease residue that may be on the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment