Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can I use regular liquid soap to wash my dog?

I ran out of shampoo and my stinky pooch needs a bath. Can I use my regular hand soap on him? Or my Tea tree shampoo?Can I use regular liquid soap to wash my dog?
No, I wouldn't. It's too drying on their skin.Can I use regular liquid soap to wash my dog?
I don't think so. It would dry out his skin too much.
I Use DAWN It Kills Fleas Too
Normal shampoo or soap would harm a dog's skin. The dog could get red, irritated skin, dry skin, and the soap could take the natural oils from the dog's coat. I highly recommend NOT using your hand soap or shampoo.
I wouldn't recommend the hand soap. Detergent based soaps and shampoos can be too harsh and strip your dogs natural oils from his skin. If the tea tree shampoo is mild and all natural without detergent, it would probably be okay for tonight. Your best bet in the future would be an all natural, detergent free shampoo made for dogs. I use Doc Ackerman's Colloidal Oatmeal Shampoo or Cloudstar Lavendar Buddy Wash.





Kim at: http://www.peaceful-organic-planet.com/n鈥?/a>
DAWN dish soap works great on very dirty dogs and is safer than flea/tick shampoo for dogs with fleas. You just shouldn't use it too often. The average dog shampoo sold at pet stores will actually dry out your dog's skin and coat just as much as DAWN.





I've tried MANY shampoos on my show dogs, and my favorite by far is Furfection! My dogs' coats have never looked so good!!!





www.furfection.com
The BEST shampoo for your sweet ones is the same as for your two legged sweet ones.... Johnsons baby shampoo. I use it on all 3 of my dogs and it is gentle on the skin, kills fleas, and if it happens to get in the eyes it does not burn, Also who does not love the smell of baby shampoo. My vet told me to use it cause it is ok to use w/ flea control and good for skin. Hope this helps!
You could, but why would you want to? Human shampoos will dry out the dogs skin if used continually. Best to invest in a good doggy shampoo and conditioner. You don't use it all that much, so it should last a long time.
If you don't habe dog shampoo the best next thing is DAWN dish soap. It is what a lot of shelters use to clean the dogs they get in. Its also inexpensive and you don't need to use very much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment