Thursday, December 24, 2009

What around the house soap can I wash the car with?

I don't feel like a trip to walmart for some specialty soap - is mild dishwashing liquid or shampoo okay?What around the house soap can I wash the car with?
The main thing to remember about auto paint is that it breathes and when dust settles on the vehicle it chokes the paint and in time results in a faded paint color known as oxidation. The best thing to do is always keep your paint clean even if it is just hosing down the vehicle with water and following up with some toweling. For stubborn dirt it is best to use a car soap that is specially formulated for vehicle paints. Regular soaps are for washing dishes, pots and pans and can be sometimes caustic to delicate paint surfaces. Your car doesn't have stuck on food particles all over it just some dust and road dirt.What around the house soap can I wash the car with?
I use dishwashing soap sometimes, but I'm told it can desolve the wax, so not a good idea.





Never thought about shampoo. I'd feel safe trying baby shampoo.
If you want to take the wax off your car use soap, I never wash my cars with soap, just plain water and a spoonge.
either of these can cause damage to your paint...not right away but they will weaken it. also they will leave behind a residue that will make your car less shiney. it would be better to simply take a bucket of water and a sponge and just wipe it down.
Dish soap.
  • hair highlight ideas
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment