Sunday, December 20, 2009

Is using soap to wash your face bad for your skin?

I use it to get rid of my acne and it works pretty good. I dont know if its bad for your skin or not. If it is, what is best for preventing acne?Is using soap to wash your face bad for your skin?
Using normal soap is advised against because it dries your skin out a lot. For those of us who have very oily skin, normal soap can be very effective in cutting the oil and preventing acne. As long as your're not drying out your face to a apoint where it's peeling and such, it should be fine. I wash my face with both normal soap and St. Ives and my skin hasn't had any problems.Is using soap to wash your face bad for your skin?
If the soap you are using is working then go ahead.





My husband uses a wonderful mud soap and it took the blackheads right out of his nose without drying out his skin.





I use expensive skin care products and my skin doesn't look half as good as his does.
it might work but after using it it could possibly dry out ur skin very bad i suggest using clean and clear or neutrogena it works rllyyyy good=]
yeah most soap are. Soaps have a lot of sodium in them which can dry your skin out. Look on the sop before you but it. But the best thing is to use a face wash to wash your face. If you are not certain ask a dermatologist or a cosmetologist they might be able to help you.
nope, but if you are concerned, look at the soap you buy, some are proven to soften your skin etc.
If soap is working for you, go for it. It's not 'bad' for your skin, unless it's causing irritation. I personally can't use soap, because it makes my skin red and irritated, but that's just me. Whatever works for you!
Yes soap is too much for the skin on the tender face.it make skin feel dry to crack...Suggest u see a skin doctor at national skin centre...
It is usually advised not to use soap on the face as it will dry the skin out instead u should get a good face was and scrub and all the rest.
No but only use it for the face because if you use it for both your face might get infected.But soap is really awesome for your face takes the acne off espicially if it has sulfur in it!
I don't know. Personally I use shampoo to wash my face. My opinion is what does it matter as long as your face is clean.
soap dries out your skin, which is probably why it helps with your acne. I would really recommend getting a facial cleanser, toner, and lotion. I use proactive, and it is EXCELLENT. i have the cleanser, the revitalizing toner, daily oil control lotion,and the repairing lotion. when you use them all twice daily it will really help!





but if you're not wanting to spend that much money, try a cleanser/toner/lotion with sufur, or benzoil peroxide, which helps existing breakouts and keeps new ones from forming!





also, use a mask about once or twice a week, and that will really get down deep into your pores. Oh, and speaking of pores, right before you wash your face or use a mask, run some HOT water over a washcloth, wring it out, and lay it over your face for about twenty seconds. this will open up your pores so that the cleanser can really get deep into your skin and clean out every impurity or speck of dirt. then wash your face or apply your mask as you normally would. Then when you are done, Do the same thing, only use cold water. This will help close the pores so that nothing else will get in.





Good luck!
yes definitly use the face products from neautrugena they have products for all skin types

No comments:

Post a Comment